September 12, 2006

Treadmill? You mean the quilt rack?

Wow! It has been a while. As I told the Library Lady the other day - been up to my eyeballs in school, scouts, and co-op.

School - Chugging right along. FM#1 is doing well. FM#2 loves his math fact sheets (bless his heart) and I decided to start him in a spelling workbook. FM#3 likes to color.

Scouts - We had our first den meeting this week. We've got some sharp-looking scouts. I'm really excited about this year. Being the den leader I have to wear the oh-so-attractive scout uniform. Shirt only really. It's at the alterations shop right now. I'm having it altered to look a bit more feminine. I've probably committed some heinous crime against the BSA for altering the uniform. Seamstress Jennie is putting in some darts and what-not to make me look like I have curves that I don't, because let's face it, I am not tucking that shirt in! I haven't tucked since the early 90's.

Co-op - FM#1 is managing to keep up with the reading. FM#2 has made new friends. FM#3 eats the other kids' snacks. Me and my fellow LG teachers are managing to fill the three hours more than adequately. I get home and crash!

Tile - Thank you all for your concern. I just can't bring myself to go looking again. I know I need to do it and I will, but.....

A chica de mi iglesia even encouraged me. This after our pastor announced from the pulpit that I needed prayer for my tile situation. Tongue-in-cheek, of course. His wife has been helping me with tile and colors and such. I'll prolly venture out this weekend. Until then I'm using the aforementioned tile as a huge trivet.

Oh, my under cabinet lights are pooping out. Mi esposo says it's because I leave them on all day and they get muy caliente. You'd think if we can put a man on the moon we can design a fixture that can withstand the heat of a halogen. Or maybe not invent a light bulb that gets as hot as a halogen!

So who has time to exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment