July 11, 2006

The House That GLOG Built

It's been a few days since we last spoke and I was starting to feel bad about it. I thought I'd give you a little glimpse of the festivities going on around here. I've been doing lesson plans. (Confetti, streamers.) Remember? I told you I was going to do them this year. I guess I really meant it. I even laid out the next two weeks which are dedicated to finishing Math and Grammar for FM#1 and Phonics for FM#2. Yes, I do realize we should've finished already, but we got sidetracked on Cub Scout problems, swim team, VBS, vacation.....hey, wait a minute.....don't even try to tell me you haven't had the same sort of stuff happen around your place. Shame!

In fact, today was Day 1 of Finishing Math and I was met with a little resistance. Can you believe it? The Big One ran from me! Into my bedroom! He thought he could lock me out, but I chased him, blocked the door open with my foot, and reached around the door trying to grab his arm, his shirt, his face, anything. This was really a lot of fun and we all got a great chuckle out of it, but then I finally had to put my proverbial "foot down" and crack ye olde whip. The first words out of his mouth were, "Hey, Mom, you said I didn't have to do this one, but I love this kind with the chart." Methinks the little stinker doth protest too much.

As for next year's lesson plans, it's taken me three nights to get the first writing lesson sorted out. I'm pitiful that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment